Our fast-growing team in Costa Rica are looking for an experienced Canadian Payroll Specialist for a SAAS based provider of global payroll.
The position requires experience in Canadian multi-providence payroll that includes a working knowledge of taxes, reciprocity agreements and local taxation. The person in this position will ensure the accuracy of payroll and payroll-related information for internal & SSAE 16 audits, in addition to processing payrolls in accordance with all established statutory requirements and internal processes.
Daily Duties and Main Responsibilities will include:
- Ability to reconcile pre-processing reports to ensure accuracy of information prior to processing payroll.
- Research discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation to ensure accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Maintains payroll information, files and records to provide up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Analyze payroll related information to ensure accurate distribution of funds and payroll.
- Knowledge of Canadian forms such as TD1, PD1, ROE’s, PDOC. Year-end forms - T4, RL1, T2200
- Knowledge of processing Canadian Payrolls
- Assist in the validation of payroll requirements to ensure that sufficient information is provided by the client to enable set-up and configuration are completed successfully
- Partner with Transition Consultants to ensure successful knowledge transfers are completed between Project Delivery to Operations
- Support any parallel runs if testing is needed on a new requirement
- Support the Software Release process by validating that new features have been accurately developed
Attributes and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in any related course or High School Diploma
- With at least 3 to 5 years’ experience in Canadian payroll processing
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll rules and processing.
- Strong communication, collaboration and time management
- Assertive action and decision making skills.
- Self advancement skills to develop own effectiveness
- Multi-lingual skills preferred but not required: English with Spanish
- US and Latin America payroll experience preferred but not required
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred but not required
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary and benefits package
- 15 vacation days plus public holidays
- Birthday leave
- Flexible remote working
- Private Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Friendly working environment