CloudPay is an organisation of over 1,100 people united by a single purpose – to modernise the pay experience for business and people, raising the importance of pay processes beyond an operational function to become a true business advantage.
With a proud heritage of over 25 years, we are trusted to manage the pay processes of 250 global organisations, processing over 2.5 million payslips a year in 130 countries, handling over $24bn of payments in 168 currencies. We fully understand the challenges facing payroll teams and are committed to improving them.
Our integrated portfolio of payroll, funding, payments and pay on-demand solutions are delivered through a single cloud-based platform that can be deployed anywhere in the world. By unifying payroll, treasury and HCM functions and leveraging the latest technology, we can transform pay processes, making them fast and friction-free.
We’re making payroll more flexible, with services that can be deployed globally, regionally and locally giving employees a choice of how they prefer to be paid – making pay a key differentiator.
And we’re bringing certainty, with end-to-end compliance, always-on global data analytics and error-free automated operations, so however complex an organisation may be, payroll is one thing that can be relied on.
We’re committed to providing an excellent employee experience through fulfilling projects, empowerment to make a difference, and an environment that inspires innovation.
The benefits of working at CloudPay include a competitive compensation package, career development opportunities, access to wellness resources, and a vibrant global culture.
We are looking for a Back End Software Engineer, to join our amazing team and help our users maintaining and enhancing microservices, part of a critical mission system. As a Back End Software Engineer, you will be producing high quality code as part of a growing team. You will be developing solutions to meet business problems and helping to grow and nurture technology and processes in the pursuit of excellence.
Daily Duties and Main Responsibilities will include:
- Work on development tasks, programming and reviewing Kotlin (Java) code
- Work as part of an Agile team
- Partner with the front end developers to produce a great system
- Propose improvements in the code, the processes, the tools, the standards, etc
- Grow your system and business knowledge
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement aiming for the highest quality and operational excellence
Attributes and Experience Required:
- Development experience with a strong foundation in OOP, Design Patterns, Clean code and SOLID principles
- Experience working as part of an Agile team
- Working knowledge of Java, Spring Boot, MongoDB, Kafka, and at least one year of Kotlin
- Knowledge in API-driven development
- Experience in application performance tuning and secure coding
- Comfortable in engaging with a wide range of roles (juniors, seniors, other stakeholders) to collaborate on solutions and communicate technical ideas
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or a related discipline
Soft skills needed:
- Strong teamworking and communication skills
- English is the language used to communicate
- Excellent logical, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to own, prioritize and plan own workloads
The following would be an advantage:
- Knowledge in AWS
- Background in Payroll, HR or other financial domains
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary
- 24 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Earned Wage Access (via CloudPay Now app
- Birthday leave
- Flexible remote working
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Friendly working environment