CloudPay is an organisation of over 1,100 people united by a single purpose – to modernise the pay experience for business and people, raising the importance of pay processes beyond an operational function to become a true business advantage.
With a proud heritage of over 25 years, we are trusted to manage the pay processes of 250 global organisations, processing over 2.5 million payslips a year in 130 countries, handling over $24bn of payments in 168 currencies. We fully understand the challenges facing payroll teams and are committed to improving them.
Our integrated portfolio of payroll, funding, payments and pay on-demand solutions are delivered through a single cloud-based platform that can be deployed anywhere in the world. By unifying payroll, treasury and HCM functions and leveraging the latest technology, we can transform pay processes, making them fast and friction-free.
We’re making payroll more flexible, with services that can be deployed globally, regionally and locally giving employees a choice of how they prefer to be paid – making pay a key differentiator.
The benefits of working at CloudPay include a competitive compensation package, career development opportunities, access to wellness resources, and a vibrant global culture.
We are looking for passionate individuals who maintain a strong desire to succeed.
We are looking for a Senior Back End Software Engineer, to join our amazing team and help our users maintaining and enhancing microservices, part of a critical mission system.
As a Senior Back End Software Engineer, you will provide technical Back End guidance to a growing team, contribute to the technical strategy, and utilize your software development experience in developing solutions to meet business problems. You will be helping to grow and nurture technology and processes in the pursuit of excellence.
Daily Duties and Main Responsibilities will include:
- Work on development tasks, programming and reviewing Kotlin (Java) code
- Work as part of an Agile team
- Partner with the front end developers to produce a great system
- Propose improvements in the code, the processes, the tools, the standards, etc
- Help junior developers to upscale their skills and knowledge
- Advise the team on technical details for present or future features
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement aiming for the highest quality and operational excellence
Attributes and Experience Required:
- Extensive development experience, minimum of 7 years with a strong foundation in OOP, Design Patterns, Clean code and SOLID principles
- Experience working as part of an Agile team composed of software engineers, QA engineers, Product, and UX/UI
- Strong working knowledge of Java, Spring Boot, MongoDB, Kafka, and at least the last 3 years of Kotlin
- Experience in API-driven development
- Experience in application performance tuning and secure coding
- Comfortable in engaging with a wide range of roles (juniors, seniors, other stakeholders) to collaborate on solutions and communicate technical ideas
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or a related discipline
Soft skills needed:
- Strong teamworking and communication skills
- English is the language used to communicate
- Excellent logical, analytical skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to own, prioritize and plan own workloads
The following would be an advantage:
- Experience in AWS, AWS ECS (Runtime environment), AWS MSK (Kafka), AWS S3 (document storage)
- Background in Payroll, HR or other financial domains
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary
- 24 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Earned Wage Access (via CloudPay Now app)
- Birthday leave
- Flexible remote working
- Life assurance
- Private medical insurance
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Friendly working environment