CloudPay is an organisation of over 1,100 people united by a single purpose – to modernise the pay experience for business and people, raising the importance of pay processes beyond an operational function to become a true business advantage.
With a proud heritage of over 25 years, we are trusted to manage the pay processes of 250 global organisations, processing over 2.5 million payslips a year in 130 countries, handling over $24bn of payments in 168 currencies. We fully understand the challenges facing payroll teams and are committed to improving them.
Our integrated portfolio of payroll, funding, payments and pay on-demand solutions are delivered through a single cloud-based platform that can be deployed anywhere in the world. By unifying payroll, treasury and HCM functions and leveraging the latest technology, we can transform pay processes, making them fast and friction-free.
We’re making payroll more flexible, with services that can be deployed globally, regionally and locally giving employees a choice of how they prefer to be paid – making pay a key differentiator.
And we’re bringing certainty, with end-to-end compliance, always-on global data analytics and error-free automated operations, so however complex an organisation may be, payroll is one thing that can be relied on.
We’re committed to providing an excellent employee experience through fulfilling projects, empowerment to make a difference, and an environment that inspires innovation.
The benefits of working at CloudPay include a competitive compensation package, career development opportunities, access to wellness resources, and a vibrant global culture.
We are looking for passionate individuals who maintain a strong desire to succeed.
The Software Engineer works closely with peers, customers and stakeholders globally to deliver business requirements to support the smooth utilization of the CloudPay platform across the world and enable business transformation to the organization. He/she is experienced in software development and will utilize this experience in developing solutions that bring maximum business value to the end customer.
Daily Duties and Main Responsibilities will include:
- Analysing requirements, technical design, and implementing into new capabilities within the platform
- Providing technical support for existing functionalities in production environment
- Upholding code standards and best practices through code reviews, refactoring efforts, and peer mentoring
- Engaging in the identification and remediation of issues related to code / solutions quality, functionality or other problems in the technical and business domains
- Documenting new or updated functionality as released
- Participating actively in all aspects of the agile process and ceremonies to deliver usable functionality
Attributes and Experience Required:
- Minimum 4 years hands-on development experience with a solid foundation in OOP and Design Patterns, Clean code and SOLID principles
- Experience working with MySQL/MariaDB, MongoDB, Postgres AND NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB) database management systems
- Some experience in API-driven development and application performance tuning
- Familiarity with microservices and its implementation
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or a related discipline
- Soft skills needed:
o Good team player
o Excellent logical, analytical skills and attention to detail
o Self-starter, able to own, prioritize and plan own workloads
o Flexibility in working to tight timescales to meet release deadlines
- The following would be an advantage:
o Experience in of Java 11/Java 17/JavaEE, Spring framework or Spring boot, Groovy, AngularJS, Vue.js
o Background in Payroll, HR or other financial domains
o Working with Agile/Scrum environment
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary and benefits package
- 18 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Earned Wage Access (via CloudPay Now app)
- Flexible remote working
- 10 days sick leave
- Personal and professional development opportunities
- Friendly working environment